Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

• Page:

TOPIC: Amazon affiliate category listings

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 week 6 days ago #3325

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello...

i like the spiral script plugin for joomla which integrate amazon affiliate account

extensions.joomla.org/extension/amazonws

i would like to buy it but i have a confusion about it's functionality

may i know this plugin list all my affiliate account categories and products in my joomla site??

Thanks
Rubans.S
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 week 5 days ago #3326

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 89
Hello, I am not sure that I entirely understand your question.

The plugin is used to display Amazon products, whichever ones that you choose. The product display includes a 'buy now' link, the link includes your Amazon affiliate tag. If a customer uses your link to buy the product, you get paid by Amazon.

You can see some examples here:http://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/joomla25/amazon-content-plugin/more-amazon-examples/8-amazon-plugin-example-1-keyword-search.html

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 week 4 days ago #3327

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
yes,i know it

but my problem is my client has nearly 1000's of products in their affiliate account so it is possible to get all the products to my site???

this is the only doubt i have now

Thanks
Ruban.S

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 week 1 day ago #3330

• boggler
I still don't know exactly what you mean by
my client has nearly 1000's of products in their affiliate account

The plugin does not display products that are in an affiliate account, it just will display any Amazon product you choose. Do you mean that you client has lots of affiliate links? Or has your client actual products that they are selling on Amazon.

Whatever if you want to import 1000s of products it would probably be better to have a custom solution. You could do it with this plugin, but it would take a very long time.

If you would like to explain what your client has at the moment in more detail, I might be able to tell you whether it is possible to develop the plugin to handle your needs.

Amazon affiliate category listings 6 days 6 hours ago #3334

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry for the delay... :(

Yes you are correct...
my client has a lot of product that he selling on amazon
Now he would like to display his product on his website, through this website the customer can browse product and buy it from amazon via external link

Are you clear now??

Thanks
Ruban

Amazon affiliate category listings 6 days 6 hours ago #3335

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
leave it...

I bought the plugin yesterday...
Now i would like to display the products under the books category but it doesn't work for me :blink:

Even i have tried to display a single product using embed codes like
{amazonWS:keywords=books}
{amazonWS:itemId=1851687793}

but it gives me an error :dry:

may i know how to do this?

Attached a screenshot (Error)

My joomla version 3.3.0
and virtuemart version 3.0.4

Thanks
error.png
Last Edit: 6 days 6 hours ago by Ruban. Reason: missed

Amazon affiliate category listings 4 days 14 hours ago #3336

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

Could anybody help me to configure this please??

Struggling here

Please :(

Amazon affiliate category listings 2 days 9 hours ago #3337

• boggler
Hello, my apologies for the delay in responding.

I don't think that you have a problem. All that is happening is that the you have the 'show debug output' option turned on in the plugin, so it is showing the raw XML data instead of the normal plugin output.

Turn off the 'show debug output' option, it should show the normal output. If it does not, turn the option on again, and please post the actual XML output, I cannot read enough of it from your screenshot to see what is happening.

From the fact that you are getting an XML response, it means that the Amazon server is responding at least. So if you are not getting a response there is either a problem with your access keys, or there is a problem with the keywords or ASIN that you are using.

You can completely ignore the PHP warning, it is not an error, and does not mean that anything is wrong, PHP will output these message if you have PHP error reporting turned on.

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 day 13 hours ago #3338

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
I turned off 'show debug output
but the problem is not solved yet

now i getting this error

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, integer given in /home/content/62/12106862/html/jupgrade/plugins/content/amazonWS/amazonWS.php on line 428
Your request should have atleast 1 of the following parameters: 'Keywords','Title','Power','BrowseNode','Artist','Author','Actor','Director','AudienceRating','Manufacturer','MusicLabel','Composer','Publisher','Brand','Conductor','Orchestra','TextStream','Cuisine','City','Neighborhood

i have used this short code to get the items
{amazonWS:keywords=books}

Any help?? :( :(
Last Edit: 1 day 13 hours ago by Ruban.

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 day 13 hours ago #3339

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
I will get same error when i turned on 'show debug output' again :dry:
You can see the error below

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, integer given in /home/content/62/12106862/html/jupgrade/plugins/content/amazonWS/amazonWS.php on line 428

<?xml version="1.0" ?><ItemSearchResponse xmlns="webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2011-08-01"><OperationRequest><RequestId>2b700e26-bdbc-4d9d-b43c-8563c9c0a6cf</RequestId><Arguments><Argument Name="AWSAccessKeyId" Value="AKIAIUCMWSI7CNCCSBXQ"></Argument><Argument Name="AssociateTag" Value="wearereadingt-20"></Argument><Argument Name="ItemPage" Value="1"></Argument><Argument Name="MerchantId" Value="Amazon"></Argument><Argument Name="Operation" Value="ItemSearch"></Argument><Argument Name="ResponseGroup" Value="Large,Variations"></Argument><Argument Name="SearchIndex" Value="All"></Argument><Argument Name="Service" Value="AWSECommerceService"></Argument><Argument Name="Timestamp" Value="2015-09-08T06:59:16Z"></Argument><Argument Name="Version" Value="2011-08-01"></Argument><Argument Name="Signature" Value="Bf7ChRGzaJ5HCPDn38ukqSaNr33flGHiQde+KeONSGg="></Argument></Arguments><RequestProcessingTime>0.0020000000000000</RequestProcessingTime></OperationRequest><Items><Request><IsValid>False</IsValid><ItemSearchRequest><ItemPage>1</ItemPage><MerchantId>Deprecated</MerchantId><ResponseGroup>Large</ResponseGroup><ResponseGroup>Variations</ResponseGroup><SearchIndex>All</SearchIndex></ItemSearchRequest><Errors><Error><Code>AWS.MinimumParameterRequirement</Code><Message>Your request should have atleast 1 of the following parameters: 'Keywords','Title','Power','BrowseNode','Artist','Author','Actor','Director','AudienceRating','Manufacturer','MusicLabel','Composer','Publisher','Brand','Conductor','Orchestra','TextStream','Cuisine','City','Neighborhood'.</Message></Error></Errors></Request></Items></ItemSearchResponse>

Please tell me how to fix this... :S

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 day 7 hours ago #3340

• boggler
You are not providing any keywords for the search.

I think this most often happens when you try to use the plugin by supplying the keywords in the article metatags, but get confused and supply them in the article tags instead. You must use the Joomla "meta keywords" option to supply the keywords.

Alternatively, if you are using the plugin embedding code, you must either supply an ASIN number, eg:
{amazonWS:itemId=B014HQKNKY}

Or if you want to do an item search supply some keywords
{amazonWS:keywords=cheese,recipes}

Make sure that you get the syntax correct, otherwise that might explain your problem.
Last Edit: 1 day 3 hours ago by boggler.

Amazon affiliate category listings 1 day 6 hours ago #3341

• Ruban
  • Fresh Boarder
yes,it's working
but not exactly what i want...............
If i use this shortcode {amazonWS:keywords=books} then the page listing 10 items which matches the keyword "books"
but i have 600 items in books category

What about the remaining?? how to i sell the remaining items??

Even i have changed Max Results options to 25 in plugin options but it displays only 10 items??
How?? :blink:
  • Page:
Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds