x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

TOPIC: VM3 release - issue with Product Snapshot

VM3 release - issue with Product Snapshot 5 months 3 weeks ago #3012

• MarioP
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
As you probably know VM3 was officially released. Unfortunately PROBABLY due to the new VM JavaScript Handler the small issue occured for me - full image of the product (after click on the thumbnail) appears on the blank page of the browser instead of the pop-up window.

Below is a link with the description of the the new VM JavaScript Handler
docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/developmen...ascript-handler.html

So for example we have the following url instead of the pop-up window:
/images/stories/virtuemart/product/the_name_of_the_product.jpg
For me the issue occurs when:
- we review the products in the certain category using product navigation ( if enabled is on the top of the product page)
- we go to one of the products from generic child variant
To be clear I use your plugin in VM product description e.g. for display elements of the whole set...

Is there any possiblity to adjust the code of the plugin?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VM3 release - issue with Product Snapshot 5 months 3 weeks ago #3015

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 77
Yes, we had noticed that Virtuemart 3 was released.

Which version of the plugin are you using? We had to update it a bit to make it compatible with Virtuemart 3, if you are using an old version this may be why you are experiencing a problem. The latest release - which is compatible with VM3 - is 2.1.0.

This does sound like a javascript problem of some sort, possibly the lightbox script is not being loaded, what javascript error are you getting? Which lightbox are you using. It should not be a problem with the Virtuemart javascript API not being loaded, the plugin does this, but also if you are using it on a product page then this would be loaded anyway.

VM3 release - issue with Product Snapshot 5 months 2 weeks ago #3016

• MarioP
  • Junior Boarder
The latest release - which is compatible with VM3 - is 2.1.0.
Hmm..I see the lastest one is 1.2.0 and I have been testing this one.

I don't have any strict javascript errors but looking on the firebug console when the issue exist I have:
updateDynamicUpdateListeners found URL attri undefined Object[select#389-3030customProductData.vm-chzn-select.chzn-done]
dynupda...er=8578 (line 75)
updateDynamicUpdateListeners URL attrib empty dynupda...er=8578 (line 78)
updateDynamicUpdateListeners onchange set URL dynupda...er=8578 (line 81)
setBrowserNewState dynupda...er=8578 (line 102)
UpdateContent URI dynupda...er=8578 (line 21)

I didn't mention about this in the first post but when I refresh the page (F5) the issue is gone ( as well as the "wrong" code I had put above). So, I'm not a programmer but maybe this issue is related with the new dynamic update feature (ajax reload) in VM3...

So once again the issue occurs in the two instances and it's gone after refresh the page:
- we review the products in the certain category using product navigation ( if enabled is on the top of the product page)
- we go to one of the products from generic child variant

Please check this and you'll see what happens
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by MarioP.

VM3 release - issue with Product Snapshot 5 months 2 weeks ago #3017

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 77
The latest release of the Virtuemart product snapshot pro plugin is 2.1.0. The latest release of the free version is 1.2.0. I assumed that you were using the 'pro' version.

In that case, if you are using the free version, I don't understand what the issue is that you are complaining about. The free version of the plugin is not designed to create a popup window.

If you would like to give me a URL where I can see the problem I am happy to take a look, if you will also explain clearly what the actual problem is that you are encountering.

However you are using the plugin in a way that it was not necessarily designed for, it was designed to be embedded in a Joomla article. It is not wrong to use it the way that you are, but if it leads to unexpected problems then it is not necessarily surprising. As it is a free plugin I can't spend hours of my time trying to debug a problem like this. I am happy to take a look anyway and see if there is anything obviously wrong.

VM3 release - issue with Product Snapshot 5 months 2 weeks ago #3018

• MarioP
  • Junior Boarder
Yes, definitely you're right. The plugin is not used according to its destination ( in an article). Unfortunately at that moment I'm not able to present you the problem on a live host - this issue is one of the reasons I can't place the VM 3 on my live site.
By the way, probably I'll decide on the pro version of your plugin in the near future, so then I'll go back to the issue hoping you fix it ( of course if this is the plugin bug). Otherwise I'll have to cope with this on one's own - maybe by changing the way of presenting products.
Thanks for your interest this case.
Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds