Keyword

Products linking to amazon.com instead of.co.uk

• 2ndrendermedia
  • 2ndrendermedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3859 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia created the topic: Products linking to amazon.com instead of.co.uk
Hello,

I need my site to link to the Amazon UK site and display in pounds, however it's currently showing dollars and getting items from the US site. I've set it to be the UK site in the Content AmazonWS setup options tab.

Is there something with the extension I'm missing or is this a setting that i need to change on my Amazon Associates account? It's actually the person whos website I'm making that has the associates account so it's not something i can check myself before asking this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 2ndrendermedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3861 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia replied the topic: Products linking to amazon.com instead of.co.uk
The person that I'm making the site for says that they have a US and UK amazon associates account and the details they gave me were definitely for the UK one. So is it a bug/setting with the extension? It's definitely set to UK in the plugin.

More
5 months 1 week ago #3863 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Products linking to amazon.com instead of.co.uk
You need to set the "Amazon Marketplace" option in the plugin to the country site you wish to use. If you have already done this and it is still showing US results then this is a caching issue.

Possibly you need to clear the Joomla cache and your browser cache. The plugin can also cache results, if you have the plugin caching turned on then set the cache time to 1 minute and wait a minute before loading a page, it should then clear all older results.

It is not a bug with the plugin, the country settings work as they should. It is nothing to do with the client's associates account either, that would not affect which country the results come from.

• 2ndrendermedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3864 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia replied the topic: Products linking to amazon.com instead of.co.uk
Thanks. I had cleared my browser cache (joomla cache isn't on) and it still wasn't working. Checked it on another browser and it was. Turns out it was a cookies issue.

Thanks again.

More
5 months 1 week ago #3867 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Products linking to amazon.com instead of.co.uk
Yes, I should have mentioned cookies too.

There are some options in the Amazon Shopping Cart that control how the cookies are used. There is an option called "Use session tracking for country", you might find it useful to set this to "no", depending on what you are trying to do, eg if you are just wanting to show results for the UK then this would make sense.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds