Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

• Page:

TOPIC: Impossible to import this XML into google and othe

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 5 months 1 day ago #3022

Hello,
I bought this module today but it didn't work, the module is installed into joomla 2.5, virtuemart 2.
I tried to import into kelkoo, pricerunner and many others sites and also google shopping (but miss informations message appear)

groupe-titan.fr/components/com_googlebasexml/googlebase.xml.txt
groupe-titan.fr/index.php?option=com_goo...exml&format;=xml&id;=1

Can you help me to import this XML catalog to price comparator

Waiting your reply
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by titan.groupe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 5 months 59 minutes ago #3023

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 77
Hello, can you explain to me what the problem is with importing the feed into Google shopping? It is designed to be compatible with the Google product feed specification so should work. The feed links do not show any errors. I do notice however that your feed is missing some information that Google require, you need to supply it. This includes the Google product type, and the gtin/mpn for each product. We explain this in the documentation here, please read it: https://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/FAQ/how-to-get-your-product-feed-accepted-by-google.html

As for Kelkoo and Pricerunner, the feed is designed specifically to target Google. These other sites have quite different product feed specifications, eg http://support.kelkoo.com/uk/pages.php?page=4451&menu;=, the product feed is not intended to target these, so I cannot help you with this.

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 4 weeks ago #3024

Hello,
Can you check if it is solve now.

And if yes keywords are correct for shopping research in google ?

Thanks

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 3 weeks ago #3025

• boggler
Hello, you have not supplied the Google product category yet, it is important to do this. You can find the correct value for this in the Google product taxonomy here: http://www.google.com/basepages/producttype/taxonomy.fr-FR.txt

Choose the one which fits your site best, then copy and paste the entire value into the default Google product category in the GooglebaseXML options.

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 3 weeks ago #3026

Hello, thanks for the reply but now Google say that i have wrong EAN number, but i do not use EAN number, i have only sku, how to solve it ?

Also i did like you ask i copy and past full line about door in category, i want clients find us with keyword porte d'entrée and porte blindée.

It will be ?

about EAN error

Veuillez vous assurer que la valeur correspond à un code UPC-A (GTIN-12), EAN/JAN (GTIN-13) ou GTIN-14 valide. En savoir plus

Exemples :

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 2 weeks ago #3027

Can i have the support please.

I have problems with google category :
i put this : Quincaillerie > Matériaux de construction > Portes > Portes d'entrée

Like you ask me but google Merchant center do not accept.

Also i have encoding problem with the google category attribute.

Regards

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 2 weeks ago #3028

• boggler
Hello, you cannot use an SKU for the EAN number, Google will not accept that. If you do not have EANs for your products then set the 'Use Identifier Exists Tag' option in GooglebaseXML, set this to 'yes'. It will tell Google that you do not have identifiers for your products.

For the Google product category it looks like there are invalid characters in the category you have chosen, I think it is a problem with the character encoding in the text file that Google provide. Google also supply an excel spreadsheet version, you can try using that to see if it is correct, you can download it here: www.google.com/basepages/producttype/taxonomy.fr-FR.xls

But it is fairly obvious what the problem is, I don't really know much French but even I can see that the category should be:

Quincaillerie > Matériaux de construction > Portes > Portes d'entrée

Why not try some common sense and use that?

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 1 day ago #3042

Hello,
I need to be registered in "porte blindée" keyword of google shopping, like this google will list our products for Research Results of this product.

Actually still problem with GG Shopping it doesn't work, i want to send you screenshot of our accounts in GG Shopping parameters and your module parameters , can you say me what is wrong ?

I will also change like you say in your previous message

Regards
Attachments:

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 1 day ago #3043

About category, i already for sure use it :
Quincaillerie > Matériaux de construction > Portes > Portes d'entrée

But doesn't solve the problem

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 22 hours ago #3044

• boggler
The errors you are getting are to do with the missing gtin, brand and mpn information. But I see in your feed that you are supplying the brand and mpn, so this should be enough for Google. If you are still seeing this error then it is because Google has not yet re-crawled your feed, it does take them a few days to update their information. But this issue really is fixed so far as I can see.

There does seem to be a problem with the character encoding of the information that you supply for the google product category. It needs to use the UTF-8 encoding, it looks like the info that you are pasting in there does not use utf-8. I think that this may be a problem in Google's excel file. I will try to put the information into a utf-8 text file for you, so that you can copy and paste it directly into the feed options.
Last Edit: 4 months 22 hours ago by boggler.

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 4 months 22 hours ago #3045

• boggler
I have added a utf-8 encoded file with the category information.

But there does seem to be a general problem with the character encoding in your feed. I think that it would be a good idea for me to have a look at this directly. If you would like me to do this please send credentials for an admin account to me using the email address from which you received your order information, that is customers at spiral scripts .

It should certainly be possible to fix this.
Attachments:

Impossible to import this XML into google and othe 3 months 4 weeks ago #3047

Hello,
Google say me the problem comes because of xml.txt extension.

Google need only .xml

But your software do not generate such extension.

About google problem i fix it and now it's import correctly but product do not appear because of xml.txt extension is not support by google shopping
  • Page:
Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds