Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

TOPIC: Unpublished products in feed??

Unpublished products in feed?? 6 months 4 days ago #3000

Hi there,

I have a working (error free Yippee) feed that is based on 1 category of our stores catalog.

My question is how to leave off products that are currently unpublished from the feed. Is there a way to do that?

So my feed lists all the products in that category whether they are published in the store or not....

Thanks so much for the help!
Alyssa
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Unpublished products in feed?? 6 months 4 days ago #3001

So i have a fix for this.... In case anyone else has had this problem.

I made a new category in VM called "unpublished products" that way i don't have to delete them...

I just put all the products that are currently unpublished into that category so they are not in that feed anymore.

Then when I categorize them into the feed later when they are available they should get picked right back up into the feed.

Not sure if this is the best fix and if there is a way the component can do it that would be better.!

I look forward to hearing from the support group on a better fix!
Thanks
Alyssa

Unpublished products in feed?? 6 months 3 days ago #3002

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 77
Hello, I am a bit puzzled why you would be having unpublished products showing up in the feed. Which version are you using? Which version of Joomla and Virtuemart?

I will run a test for this in case there is a problem, but I am fairly sure that there is not. The feed should only pick up products that are published in Virtuemart, the code definitely checks whether the product is published. However it will still display products that are in a category that is unpublished. If you leave a product itself published and just unpublish the category then the product will still be picked up.

Could it be a caching problem? Virtuemart caches a lot of product information, also Joomla and web browser caching might cause the feed not to be updated when you unpublish the product. You should definitely clear all caches and check if the problem goes away.
Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds