IMGEN editor button

• tinboye
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 3 months ago #3771 by tinboye
IMGEN editor button was created by tinboye
Im wondering if its possible to have the following.

when a person creates an article, they can click on the image they add within an article and click click a button at the bottom to optimize that image within that particular article. I do not want it to apply to every article in the site, and having to go to a url withe the image name everytime we want to optimize 1 image is too complicated for some of our editors of our site. we need a simple 1 step process.

where they can add an image to an article, click a button, a window pops up, allowing them to enter the variables:
format=image/HTML
img=path to image (possibly load the image browser to select an image then place that path into the field)
layout=layout_type
width=width
height=height
quality=quality_value

then when they fill out the form and hit ok it then changes the url to
index.php?option=com_imgen&format=image&img=images%2Fstories%2Fmyimage.png&layout=jpg&width=300&height=300&quality=90

if someone can direct me on how to do this or what it would cost me to have someone write this plugin up let me know

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #3772 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic IMGEN editor button
Thanks for your suggestion. I don't immediately know the answer to whether this is practical or not, I will give it some thought.

The original idea behind imgen was to be able to automate simple image tasks such as optimising or adding a watermark, rather than editing individual images, so having a button is a different kind of idea. But it might work the way you suggest.

If you need a quick answer you might look at the JCE editor, the professional version includes an image manager that allows you to resize and crop images, although I don't think it includes optimising them. Also of course you need to use the editor instead of the Joomla Tiny MCE one.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #3806 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic IMGEN editor button
My apologies for the length of time it has taken to get back to you.

I have been thinking about this. I think it would be possible to create an "image optimiser" editor button, which allowed the user to set the width and height and quality, and possibly preview the resulting image. This would be separate from the normal image button, which allows the user to use com_media to insert the image.

The reason for separating the functions is that it avoids having to essentially create a whole new media browser when com_media does this already.

We might do this in a future release, but it is not something that we would have time to work on for several months. If this is something that you would really like in the near future we might be able to do this as a custom programming job, let us know if this is something that you would like to discuss.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by boggler.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.