Keyword

Set MasterUser as the last authentication method

• jordiblanch
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 1 week ago #3638 by jordiblanch
Is there any way to tell Joomla to use MasterUser plugin as the last authentication method? I've tried to change the Ordering in the "Plug-in Manager: Authentication - Master User" options, but if I select MasterUser as "Order Last" it is not working (I'm not able to login with any master user password), and when I select the default Ordering, then the first authentication method used is MasterUser, so that if any master user password is equal to a standard user, then this standard user logs in as it was a master user, and this can lead to security problems (at least in my case).

Is there any way to change this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 days ago - 3 years 4 days ago #3639 by boggler
I think you are misunderstanding the way that the master user plugin works, it does not lead to the security issues that you describe.

When someone uses a master user password to log in as another user, they just become that user as far as Joomla is concerned, they do not get any special powers. However if you are worried about this then make sure that you choose a strong password for the master user.

There is no problem that I can see with "Order Last" for the ordering, the plugin still works. I checked this myself. Joomla just goes through the authentication plugins in order, until it finds one that can authenticate the user. The only reason that it might fail to work is if there is another plugin ahead of it in the list which is wrongly causing the whole process to fail. If it is failing on your system you will need to find which plugin is causing the process to fail, and fix it.
Last edit: 3 years 4 days ago by boggler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.