Authentication - Master User Setup Help

• wernejo
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #3598 by wernejo
Hi,

I've installed the plugin on a 3.5.1 website I'm working on and have been able to get it to work for anyone of a super admin access level but I can't get it to work for other user groups. I've created a new user group that has front end login access to the website but with different access to those with a registered level access. I also assigned the user id and the user's group to the plugin settings and I can't get it to work. I've attached a screenshot of the user groups and my plugin settings.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #3599 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic Authentication - Master User Setup Help
I have just tested the plugin with Joomla 3.5.1, it works for me, so it is not a problem with the Joomla version.

It is a fairly simple plugin so there is not a lot that can go wrong with its operation. There is a popular AJAX login module which is incompatible with its use (because it does not support authentication plugins), if you are using a 3rd party login module I suggest testing with the core Joomla module. If this is what the problem is there is an easy solution, you can keep the 3rd party module, but use the core Joomla one available for when someone needs to log in as the master user.

Otherwise I suggest rechecking the master user password you have set up.

If you enable by group then the master user id you have set up has no effect, anyone in the master user group can log in as another registered user.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by boggler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.