Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword
× This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

Some things not working in Joomla 1.7

More
7 years 8 months ago #256 by [email protected]
Sorry if this was already reported, but just a quick note that I had to change some of the lines in the modulehelper scripts where there was a switch selecting on Joomla versions. Since Joomla 1.7 is out, my featured items wouldn't work.
It was easily fixed, but some people might be searching for a solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #258 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic Some things not working in Joomla 1.7
Yes, thanks we had spotted that, the version checks should have been put set up with a bit more thought about what happened when Joomla 1.7 came along, we were a bit caught out by how quickly it was released. Judging by how long Joomla 1.6 took to arrive I expected it to be a couple of years, but now they are on a 6 month cycle! Also Joomla 1.8 will be rename 2.5 apparently, just to confuse things further.

Anyway the latest releases do include the correct version checks.

More
5 years 11 months ago #894 by chrismicro
Replied by chrismicro on topic Some things not working in Joomla 1.7
I installed your mail this page, but there are two problems with it. First in the set up of the module there is a field "from email address" and on the site form there is a field "Your email:", then when you send an email to a friend you get the error message "email invalid" I need this to promote my new site but it just don't work.

More
5 years 11 months ago #900 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic Some things not working in Joomla 1.7
This seems like one problem to me. I don't see why you think it is two.

I think you are misunderstanding how it works. In the module admin you set an email address from which the emails will actually be sent. This is to try to prevent misuse of the module for spam purposes. It must be a properly formatted email address.

When someone fills in the form they need to supply properly formatted email addresses of themselves and the friend.

It is not complicated.

If you are doing all this and it is still not working please supply the following information: which version of Joomla are you using? Which version of the module?

Please provide precise information about how to replicate the problem.

It is a free module, if you are seriously expecting support the least you can do is to provide proper information about what the problem is. The module has been used by many thousands of people for several, if it really did not work we would know this by now, someone would already have mentioned this.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.