Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword
× Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

LinkType=internal not refreshing immediately

• Kayo Breno da Silva
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #3569 by Kayo Breno da Silva
LinkType=internal not refreshing immediately was created by Kayo Breno da Silva
Hi

Please when I create the internal link it does not refresh immediately.

{amazonWS:itemId=xxxxxxxx,yyyyyyy,zzzzz;articleLayout=search;linkType=internal}

After we click the product link in the article instead to go to the item internal link it goes to an empty page where it just shows "continue shopping"

After this if we click "continue shopping" and come back to the same internal product link again and click on it, and, this time, it works and shows the product details page immediately.

Please would you have any ideas why it does not go immediately when we click at the first time?

I forgot to mention the item is a K2 item article.

Many thanks

Regards,

Kayo
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Kayo Breno da Silva.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #3571 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic LinkType=internal not refreshing immediately
I have not come across this problem, and it does not happen in my own tests, it all works as it should. There is no reason that I know of why it would happen.

It sounds like it may be a Joomla caching problem, you could try turning off the system caching and see if it makes a difference, although the com_amazonws pages should not be cached because the component has its own caching system. The only other thing that I can think of is that you might be coming up against Amazon's fair use policy, for example if the same page shows some other Amazon products in addition to the one you want to display. eg in a module, which would then require more than one request. Amazon might then decide not to return results for that product.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by boggler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.