Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword
× Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

VM Featured product Grid no price or description

• jcheriton
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #3231 by jcheriton
I bought this today for an updated J3.x/VM3 site having had the earlier version for J1.5 which worked well.
The module is configured to show Featured Products.
I find that when configuring the module to show prices and the short description there is no output - no prices or descriptions appear in the product grid while the image and product name (and link) are there.
I found that in gallery.css the class div.ProductSDesc is set to display:none. Why? Setting it to float:left solves the description problem.
While the class div.productPrice has a valid font there is no output to the browser. Could this be because the array variable shown in tmpl/default.php is "price" and not one of the VM variable names like
prices['salesPrice']
?
Anyway apart from being miffed that I paid for this module and am having to spend time making it work as designed rather than spending that time doing what I should be doing - finishing the update of the site - I would very much appreciate a fix for the lack of price please.
Thanks.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by jcheriton. Reason: Array variable not displaying correctly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jcheriton
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #3232 by jcheriton
Replied by jcheriton on topic VM Featured product Grid no price or description
I just found in helper.php that you test both VmConfig->use_as_catalogue and $show_price before committing a value to $list->price.
I have commented out the condition as some of us use VM as a catalogue and wish to show prices.
Could this condition simply be removed? If the designer wants to show prices surely he should be allowed to try?
My next request is simple - How may I ensure that the product grid is centred on the sheet? At the moment the grid is to the left and frankly it looks messy.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by jcheriton. Reason: New request

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #3233 by boggler
Hello, the module uses the css code:
div.gridview div.browseImageHolder div.productSDesc {
	display:none;
}

because the idea is that it will not show in the grid view, but if you switch to the list view it will show. Of course if you want it to show in the grid view then you change the css to remove the display:none.

Could this be because the array variable shown in tmpl/default.php is "price" and not one of the VM variable names

No. The module generates the price variable from the VM variable names.
Have you allowed enough room in the cell height for the price to display? Try increasing the cell height module option. That is the usual reason for things not appearing. Also make sure that you have the Virtuemart configuration set to show your desired prices in the front-end, the module uses the same price configuration as Virtuemart.

If that does not solve the problem please provide a link to the site where I can see what is happening.

Sorry you are miffed. So am I at having to answer a rather ill-humoured request that I give up my valuable time when I could be doing what I ought to be doing which is creating Joomla extensions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jcheriton

• jcheriton
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #3234 by jcheriton
Replied by jcheriton on topic VM Featured product Grid no price or description
Thanks for the reply. Sorry if you felt the language a bit harsh - I was nearly smiling when I wrote "miffed"... Sorry, there's no excuse for rudeness. I apologise.
Unfortunately the site in question is on a local server so I an't send you a link to it however most of my display problems are fixed... except how to persuade the grid to centre on the page. I can change the width and margins of div.gridview and div.listview to 90% and auto but still tend to end up with a grid that's too far left.
Is there something I've forgotten?

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #3235 by boggler
you could try
div.featuredProdGrid{margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;}

It might work. There is no guaranteed way to center something because it depends on the containing element, which is your site template. If not I suggest Googling centering things with css, you will find other suggestions.

We tend not to put in more css than necessary to make the thing work, because it can generate as many problems as it solves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jcheriton

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.