• ssD45377
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 1 week ago #569 by ssD45377
latest jigsaw hangs after 7 puzzles? was created by ssD45377
Hi,

I recently upgraded to the new jigsaw component, which is really nice.

The problem is after advancing 6 times through new puzzles, it just hangs. I press the next arrow, and the little rotating color wheel starts up, but it just keeps spinning. No new puzzle appears unless I reload the page. After the reload I can once again solve 7 puzzles before it gets stuck.

The original puzzle component seemed to have the ability to show an unlimited number of puzzles.

Is there a workaround or can you please fix the bug?

I am on Joomla 1.5.26 and am current on Flash.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 days ago #570 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic latest jigsaw hangs after 7 puzzles?
Hi, actually the older version could only show a fixed number of puzzles, one of the features we introduced in this version is the ability to load an unlimited number of puzzles.

When this feature goes wrong it is normally a problem with your SEF URLS, it results in the URL which the puzzle uses to fetch a list of new images being wrongly redirected.

If you are using SEF URLS it normally works better if you are using the .htaccess file as well.

You may also find that setting the $live_site configuration option in your configuration.php to the full url of your site solves the problem (by default it is blank).

You can also try setting the 'Use absolute URL for update' parameter to 'yes' in the component advanced options (available in the latest release 3.0.1 which you may need to update to).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssD45377

• ssD45377
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 5 days ago - 7 years 5 days ago #573 by ssD45377
Replied by ssD45377 on topic latest jigsaw hangs after 7 puzzles?
Thanks for the help. I'm glad to hear the new version truly supports unlimited puzzles. It's really a nice upgrade to the prior one!

I turned off the Joomla SEF and the problem went away. But that is not a workable permanent solution.

I am already using .htaccess

I updated the $live_site and that started causing weird problems in the backend, so I reverted back to blank.

I'm using version 3.0.0. I wanted to update to the newest version but when I login and look at my order history, it is blank. Is there another way to get the recent version? The link in my original order confirmation email doesn't appear to work either. I end up at the home page.

Thanks again.
Last edit: 7 years 5 days ago by ssD45377.

• ssD45377
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 3 days ago #575 by ssD45377
Could you please correct my order information so I can download the newest release?

More
7 years 3 days ago - 7 years 3 days ago #578 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic latest jigsaw hangs after 7 puzzles?
I have created a new order for you, you should have received the download link by now.

However I have to say that I think it is worth trying again with the $live_site configuration. I have not heard of this causing problems with the site admin, it really should not. If you were experiencing problems they are likely due to caching, and could be solved by clearing your browser cache - also it might be worth clearing the Joomla cache.
Last edit: 7 years 3 days ago by boggler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssD45377

• ssD45377
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 2 days ago #580 by ssD45377
Thanks Fiona! I used the absolute URL option and that seemed to fix it. i will experiment more the the $live_site. I may have mixed something up and perhaps the cache was causing it. But it's just fine at the moment. Thanks!

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.