Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

2Checkout.com is a worldwide leader in payment services
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mail This Page spam protection

Mail This Page spam protection 6 months 4 weeks ago #802

• barback
  • Fresh Boarder
Your JED description claims "spam protection" but I don't see any details.

Other extensions that provide similar functionality have been the cause of problems when the forms have been used to send spam.

I was looking for some kind of Captcha option, but found none.

Is it "spam proof" because the form is hidden until someone clicks the link?

I need to be confident that this will not create an opportunity for anyone to send spam using the site's module.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mail This Page spam protection 6 months 4 weeks ago #803

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 51
I don't think anything can claim to be 'spam proof', including captchas.

The module includes some basic spam protection, the main thing is that it checks for the presence of html tags in any of the request variables, since spammers are usually hoping to embed links somewhere and are usually too dumb to realise that this would never happen anyway with an email module this will stop a lot of problems.

You can monitor how the module is used by including a bcc so that copies of all emails are sent to yourself. If there is a problem you can hopefully nip it in the bud.

Given that it is a free module I think you have to accept that there is a limit to what we can guarantee. If you are really having problems with spammers I suggest you invest in a security component such as admin tools pro from www.akeebabackup.com and sign up to project honeypot.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds