[VM Modcontroller Pro] Empty sidebar on page

• cameleons
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3724 by cameleons
Hi,

I juste purchased your plugin to add a sidebar only for our product and category pages.

I followed your installation steps exactly, and my modules are working fine and displaying on the right pages and position.

But, now i have an empty sidebar in my login and registering pages.

I've tried to exclude all virtuemart pages beside productdetail and category but it's still here.

How can i restrict it only for product and category page then ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by cameleons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #3725 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic [VM Modcontroller Pro] Empty sidebar on page
This tends to happen when your template creates the sidebar depending on whether or not there are any modules assigned to the left column or right column. The problem is that the module that is being controlled is still assigned to the position, even when there is no output, so the template renders the sidebar. There isn't a way in Joomla to dynamically re-assign positions.

This can probably be solved by added some code to the template to check whether there is any output from the modules before rendering the column. If you would like to send me a copy of your template then I can check this for you.

Alternatively you could create a custom module position for the modules within the virtuemart pages, as described here: https://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/Joomla-Tips/publishing-joomla-modules-in-custom-positions-on-virtuemart-pages.html

Use
<?php
		 $modules = JModuleHelper::getModules('custom-pos-1');        
        foreach($modules as $mod)
        {
        	echo JModuleHelper::renderModule($mod);
        }
    ?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.