VM Mod Controller Issue

• hillswebdesign
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #3712 by hillswebdesign
VM Mod Controller Issue was created by hillswebdesign
Just purchased vm mod controller and is working for some modules, however not for others.

The problem is that for one module, I am trying to hide based on a shopper group,but in the admin, there is a problem with 2 of the listed shopper groups.
I believe they are default and guest, which are not showing up correctly in the backend nor working correctly.

See attached pic, which shows what I see in.

IS this a known issue, what can be done please ?

Thanks
Greg

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #3713 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic VM Mod Controller Issue
Hello, this is really not a problem with the groups, they should be working fine.

All that is wrong is that for some reason the language translations for 'default' and 'guest' are not being loaded, so instead of seeing 'default' and 'guest' you are seeing the Virtuemart language constants which are place-markers for those terms. But you can still select those groups, it does not in any way prevent you from using those groups in the module.

I will check if we can replicate this problem and fix it, all that is required is to load the appropriate language file.

But there is nothing to stop you from using those groups in the meantime.

More
2 years 10 months ago #3714 by boggler
We have made version 2.0.2 available which includes some bug fixes including this one. You can download it using your existing download link

• hillswebdesign
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #3715 by hillswebdesign
Replied by hillswebdesign on topic VM Mod Controller Issue
Ok, Thanks

I have downloaded the new version and the language thing is fixed.

However, I am still having some issues.

This woks for me when trying to display a module to any shopper group EXCEPT default shopper group.

I have tried over and over.

I understand how this works, and can make a module display correctly for a shopper group that I created, BUT, I cannot get it wordk for default shopper group.

Can you see if this is a bug please.

Perhaps you can try on fresh install and try to display a module that targets ONLY default shopper group ( and does not display it for any others.

I cannot, making this unuseable for me.

Thanks
greg
I

More
2 years 10 months ago #3716 by boggler
I will check into this, there is no obvious reason it would not work for the default shopper group. You may be misunderstanding what the default shopper group is though, it is some time that I looked at this, but I think that the default group is just what Virtuemart puts everyone who is not in another group, so it may not work exactly the same as for the other groups.

It depends exactly what you are trying to achieve, you may find that it works better if you also restrict the user type to registered shoppers only, as well as the default shopper group, then it should give you something that displays only to registered shoppers who are in the default group.

If that does not work we could probably add an option to exclude shopper groups as well, so you could do it from the other way around.

As I said, it would help if you gave a bit more explanation about what you want to happen. I am sure this problem can be solved.

More
2 years 10 months ago #3717 by boggler
I have made some tweaks to the way the module handles shopper groups, which I hope will solve your problem.

When I looked into it there are some odd things about the way Virtuemart handles the default and guest shopper groups which the module does not fully take account of, in the new version I hope that it does, in my tests it treated the shopper groups in the way that you might expect, that is if you select a shopper group in the module options, it will just show the module to those groups.

• hillswebdesign
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 10 months ago #3718 by hillswebdesign
Replied by hillswebdesign on topic VM Mod Controller Issue
Your new version is working correctly.

I can now target default shopper group and it is working as expected.

Thank you for good support and fix.

Greg

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.