• albertomclaren
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #3404 by albertomclaren
GoogleBaseXml was created by albertomclaren
Good afternoon
I dont know how to configure the component GoogleBaseXml. Even with only one category is always blank.. I dont know what to do. I VirtueMart 3.0.10, Joomla! 3.4.1 and sh404SEF component. Website is www.juegosyminiaturas.es . Thanks for the reply.
A greeting

Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by albertomclaren.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3405 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic GoogleBaseXml
You are not getting a blank now, when I go to I see one product, so clearly something is working. You need to make sure when you select the categories that you select the exact category that the products are in, not a parent category. However you don't have to select any categories at all, if you leave this option blank it should select from all categories in your store.

Looking at the the screen shots you have posted (thanks that is very helpful), I think that you might try setting the feed language and the feed currency at the bottom of the first tab to --use default-- rather than explicitly setting their values. Unless you have a multi-langue and multi-currency store you don't need to set these explicitly.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3407 by boggler
Also, you need to update your Joomla version urgently to 3.4.5, the version you are using has a critical security issue: https://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5634-joomla-3-4-5-released.html

• albertomclaren
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3408 by albertomclaren
Replied by albertomclaren on topic GoogleBaseXml
Sorry, I am not able to configure it...

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3409 by boggler
If you would like to send admin login details, I will check your site, please send to the email address from which you got your order notification, ie customers at spiral scripts.

However I think it must be the case that you are just not selecting the correct categories, they must be the child categories that the products are actually in, not the parents. Bear in mind that the feed has been developed over many years, and has been used by many thousands of websites. It is possible that you have come across a problem that is unique to your site, that was not apparent on all these other sites, but it is not likely. I think it is more likely that you are making a mistake somewhere.

The documentation for the feed is here: https://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/Documentation/com-googlebasexml-documentation.html , it should answer most questions, but you are always welcome to ask.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #3411 by boggler
Also I really was not kidding about needing to update your Joomla version, it is a critical security issue that can allow complete takeover of your site, is easy to exploit, and is already being exploited on many sites.

• albertomclaren
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago #3417 by albertomclaren
I´m not able to configure it. I have teamviewer program, Could you look it with teamviewer?
Thanks, Alberto

More
4 years 1 week ago #3418 by boggler
Hello, no, we do not use teamviewer. If you send me your Joomla administrator login, I will look at your site. I am sure that it is something simple that can be fixed.

Please send the login to customers at spiral scripts.

• albertomclaren
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago #3419 by albertomclaren
Tell me a email account

More
4 years 1 week ago #3420 by boggler
I have, the email account is customers at spiral scripts, the one from which you received your order confirmation. You can just reply to that if you want.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.