• Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
4 years 1 week ago #3300 by 4FootyFans
Hi
Installed:
JM 3.4.3
VM 3.0.9.4

Referring to an earlier post, I too could not synchronise medial files in Virtuemart irrespective of the containing folder (Safe Path and below).
To save time, I imported them into the media table using a csv file.

My next issue is that all punctuation in the "File description (showed to user in product details)" field is displayed as html code e.g. single quote as ' and so on.

Help, please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #3304 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic Paid Download Plugin - Punctuation HTML Codes
I think that probably the punctuation is being encoded twice, it is a simple thing to fix. You need to edit line 215 in the file spiral_download.php, change
$html.= '<div>'.htmlspecialchars($description).'</div>';			
$html.= '<div>'.htmlspecialchars($description,ENT_QUOTES,"UTF-8",false).'</div>';			

Let me know if this solves the problem and I will make sure it is included in future releases. You could remove the htmlspecialchars function altogether which would stop this happening, but it is better to keep it because it does provide protection against any cross-site scripting attack.

Re: synchronizing the Virtuemart media, I think that your solution is probably the best. Unfortunately the Virtuemart media synchronization function is terrible.
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by boggler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.