Download folders in safe path

• pacoelho
  • pacoelho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 8 months ago #3132 by pacoelho
Replied by pacoelho on topic Download folders in safe path
Yes you are right. In fact this change will only allow recognition of the folder "forsale". Just that. Does not recognize other folders within it and no file is loaded.

If this version of the VM does not have corrections, we will have problems with the plugin, in recognition of folders.

I'll try the VM forum too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pacoelho
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 8 months ago #3133 by pacoelho

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #3134 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic Download folders in safe path
The problem is that I cannot fix virtuemart for you. Also it is not the case that this is a new problem in Virtuemart 3.0.6.4, I think the code has been the same from very early on. The thing is that sometimes it works by luck, sometimes it doesn't. It is bad code and has behaviour that is not easy to predict.

Why not simply put all your files in the root folder of the safe path, and give each file name a prefix so that it helps identify it? It is simple and workable.

I mean instead of
forSale/sub1/file1
forSale/sub1/file2
forSale/sub1/file3
forSale/sub2/file1
forSale/sub2/file2

etc have

forSale/sub1_file1
forSale/sub1_file2
forSale/sub1_file3
forSale/sub2_file1
forSale/sub2_file2

It will solve your problem as far as I can see. By which I mean, your problem is organizing your files. There is nothing that says that this has to be done by having sub-directories. Just use a sensible naming convention that makes sense to you.

If you don't do something like this then you will have the same problem with any download plugin, it is not specific to our particular plugin.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by boggler.

More
4 years 8 months ago #3135 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic Download folders in safe path
Or if you really must use sub-directories then you could look at importing the file information directly into the #__virtuemart_medias table. That is all that the synchronization does, you could do this as a csv import directly through something like PHPMYAdmin, although a csv importer that works with Virtuemart such as csv advanced would probably make it a bit more user friendly.

You just need to be aware that you must supply the absolute path to the file in the file_url field, this is what the plugin uses to find the file.

• pacoelho
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 8 months ago #3136 by pacoelho
Replied by pacoelho on topic Download folders in safe path
OK. The solution, for now, will be to rename the files and use the main folder. That way I shall not have problems in the future. Then we'll see what the new versions will bring.
Anyway, thanks for your effort to help. I appreciated that.
Let us being aware.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.