Keyword

VM Flash Slideshow: Category ID to Product ID

• torrey
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #175 by torrey
Ok, to make VM Flash Slideshow work 'perfectly' with our new website, I wish to make it show images only specific to a product_id instead of a category_id. Would you have any suggestions for code alterations or parameter specifications?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #176 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic VM Flash Slideshow: Category ID to Product ID
Yes, you can set the 'Featured Product IDs' parameters to the ids of your required products,and set the module type to 'Featured Products'.

• torrey
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #178 by torrey
That will definitely work to narrow it down to one single product; however, if I wanted the gallery to include, not just the Full Product Image, but all the additional images associated with that product_id, then what should I do? The additional images are the ones uploaded into the media section of each product which can be accessed in the product list of VM.

More
8 years 6 months ago #179 by boggler
You will need to edit the gallery xml component, the file 'components/com_vmgalleryxml/models/vmgalleryxml.php'.

Edit the function getImages() - just add the extra images to the $images array. You can find the additional images using the getFilesForProduct() which is defined in the Virtuemart class file ps_product_files.php.

It should be fairly straightforward, let me know how you get on. It's a feature I have been meaning to add, just haven't had the time.

• torrey
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #180 by torrey
Wow, I thought it would have been easy but after about two hours...I'm starting to get lost. I'm trying to add the additional images to the images array located where you said. I noticed that the code uses the same functionality at the getCategoryImages() but instead of multiple $products...there's just one $product.

I'm attaching the vmgalleryxml.php file I've been tinkering with this morning. Any further suggestions or advice on the manner would be most welcome. Again, thanks for all your help so far.

Regards,

Torrey

More
8 years 6 months ago #181 by boggler
If you don't mind waiting a couple of days I will look into adding this as an option in a new release - it would be a useful feature.

• torrey
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #182 by torrey
Hey Susan,

We do not mind waiting at all. Thank you for taking the time to add this feature. It will really help give our product presentation an online edge. Please let us know where and how we can get the update.

Kindest regards,

Torrey

More
8 years 5 months ago #193 by boggler
The new version is available now. You can use your existing download id, then just upload and install using the Joomla installer as normal. You will need to update the Slideshow module and the vmgalleryxml component.

The slideshow now displays additional images - this option can be turned off using the vmgalleryxml parameters. It also includes a few other useful options, one in particular that you may find useful is the option to use the current product id obtained from the URL. This is the 'Use Request Product Id' option, if you set it to 'yes' then it will display images for the current product being viewed.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.