Keyword

Reload Joomla Squeezebox using javascript

• Ali_wdm
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 6 days ago #8027 by Ali_wdm
There is a button in joomla squeezebox (iframe), on clicking this button I want to load some other page in this iframe.
When I write this:

parent.SqueezeBox.setContent( 'iframe', ' example.com ' );

It reloads the iframe but has previous content and append content of example.com to iframe.
What I have to do for this...??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago - 4 months 6 days ago #8028 by boggler
Replied by boggler on topic Reload Joomla Squeezebox using javascript
Hello,

this forum is for providing support for our extensions only.

To get help with this kind of question you can post in the Joomla forums at forum.joomla.org, there is a section on Joomla coding.

Or Stack Exchange has joomla pages at joomla.stackexchange.com

However as it happens I have recently come across a similar issue. Having spent some time looking into it, I am fairly confident that what you are trying to do is impossible. For security reasons modern web browsers will not allow you to change the url of the content displayed in an iframe through javascript, it will only display the content of the original url.

If you try this in Firefox it generates an error message which sort of makes that clear. If you check the javascript console you should see it.

If you think about it you can understand about why this is a sensible security measure, it would be too easy for malicious script to exploit if you could surreptitiously change the content, a user could be tricked into supplying their credit card details to a fraudster instead of a payment processor for example.
Last edit: 4 months 6 days ago by boggler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate to Us

If you like our extensions, consider making a donation to say thanks.